I am in the NYC hotel room right down from the Javits center and I decided to take some free time and tell you about BEA so far. I will use bullet points though because I am exhausted and can't think in complete sentences at the moment.
- April, Shanyn, and Heather (my roomies) are all awesome and I heart them!
- I have been walking so much here I have to have lost like 10 pounds, well, minus the cheesesticks and frozen yogurt I have consumed.
- There are a ton of bloggers here I know nothing of, I am happy to meet all of them and get their business cards, and hand out mine to them, I need to get rid of them all so I can buy new prettier ones.
- TONS of authors just stroll around the convention center as if they were normal...I saw Violet Haberdasher, Maria Snyder, Anastasia (don't know last name, author of The Shadow Hills) it is insanity...I get so excited when I recognize them. I also met Gena Showalter, Beth Fantasky, and couple other wonderful authors.
- I attended the YA book buzz panel (with editors) but I had to go early, it was good though, very interesting!
- I got a TON, and I mean a TON of books...here is the enormity of it, and it has only been one day...I have a bag like that ---> and it is already full of books...and it stands up to my hip area.
- There are a ton of great publishers and people here, I had a nice conversation with a couple of great librarians today, you never know who you will meet, and everyone has been friendly.
- Hmmm...oh *TMI WARNING* and my feet hurt A TON, I have rash on my legs where they have touched all day in the heat, and a giant blister. GAH. Sorry if you are a blogger and have has to listen to me complain all day...I just am in bad shape.
- Anyway that is all for now. I will post some info later on about all of BEA. I hope everyone enjoys their week!
|Copyright The Bibliophilic Book Blog 2009-2010|